Whether it is storm damage, flood, washing machine leakage, or just about any water damage to your carpets, Black Gold Water Damage Restoration Melbourne can help. Calling a professional as soon as possible is very important. Mould can start to grow within 24 hours if not treated. Mould spores are a major health hazard for you and your family and should not be left untreated.
24/7 Emergency Water Damage
You can call our technicians anytime as we are available 24/7 for emergency call outs in Melbourne. We can extract dirt and water, remove underlay if necessary and treat your carpets. Treatment is imperative to prevent mould, mildew and other bacteria from harming you and your family. Where necessary we can also provide hot air blowers to help speed up the drying time.
What to do when your washing machine overflows
The first thing to do when your washing machine overflows (after you have turned off the water flow) is to call Black Gold Carpet Cleaning, 0403 254 080, so we can arrange to visit your premises as soon as possible.
While you are waiting for us, try to soak up as much of the water as possible using towels. DO NOT step on the towels or walk on the wet area as this will force the water down into the underlay and floor beneath and cause more extensive damage. Remember to replace towels with dry ones as they become soaked. Also try to ensure there is good ventilation by opening a window and positioning a fan on the opposite side of the wet carpet.
Once we arrive we will assess the damage and provided the underlay has not been badly affected, we will extract the water and spray the carpet with an antimicrobial to prevent mold and a solution to prevent the carpet from turning brown.
Our complete procedure for Water Damage Restoration Melbourne
- Site inspection: check for safety hazards, evaluate the damage, advise client of of the necessary procedure and estimated cost.
- Apply antimicrobial spray
- Extract excess water
- Assess carpet to determine if it can be dried on site or removed and dried off site and if underlay can be dried or should be removed and replaced
- If carpets are removed, then we apply antimicrobial spray to the floor underneath
- Onsite drying using blowers and dehumidifiers
- Daily inspection to ensure drying conditions are optimal
- Steam clean carpet once drying is complete